A new firmware update for the Nintendo Switch was recently released which includes stability enhancements and various other improvements to both the Nintendo Switch and it’s Joy-Con Controllers.
Related Article: 5 Awesome Facts About Nintendo
The new update takes the switch to version 9.0.0 from 8.1.0. Some of the new updates for this version include a new search feature for the News Channel, QR Code to check-in for events, Alarm Notifications added and new touch screen sensitivity settings. Included in update 9.0.0 is also something for the Nintendo Switch Lite, the ability to turn on or off the system button input. This allows you to turn off the input from the consoles buttons, with the exception of the home and capture buttons.
“Online Play Invites” have also been added to the User’s page in update 9.0.0. This allows you to see invites from friends for supported games.
Finally and most importantly for Fire Emblem players, the new 9.0.0 update for the Nintendo Switch has fixed the bug which would prevent user’s booting up Fire Emblem: Three Houses, after downloading the recent expansion pass, according to reports.
That’s pretty much it, you can find the full update details below.
Nintendo Switch Firmware Update 9.0.0
- Added a search feature for the news channel
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text
- Added “Display QR Code to check-in” to User settings
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check-in using your Nintendo Account
- Alarm notifications have been added to the System Settings > Notifications
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms
- Alarms can be set up only in supported software. (To be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update maybe required to use this feature
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings
- Select between standard and stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite Only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives button input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User’s page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance user’s experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.
Thanks for reading. If you liked this article please give us a share!